Re: Video driver questions

Niki Kovacs wrote:
Robert Moskowitz a écrit :

Fatal server error:
Server is already active for display 0
   If this server is no longer running, remove /tmp/.X0-lock
   and start again.

Of course you will have to do this with X not running. Two solutions. Either edit /etc/inittab,

Thought I would have to do that....

So I did and it made a HUGH xorg.conf.new file. With instructions to try it out by:

X -config /root/xorg.conf.new

Well that brought up X but no window open and left or right mouse did nothing. So back to <cntl-alt-F1> and I see messages about VNC mode (I have vncserver configured but not running), so it ws trying to do something to accomidate vncserver if I should start it up?

And there are sections in the new xorg.conf that are not in the current. Like one for the mouse, a files section and the like, so I figured i would cut and paste, but first....

I have another OQO with Centos installed that has the 'default' X setup with no playing around with the Display manager, I figured I would look at its xorg.conf to get back to basics. Guess what, NO /etc/X11/xorg.conf and everything works fine with the unit's 800x480 display. I did a 'updatedb' then a 'locate xorg.conf' and all I found was a man page file. So how do it know what to do for the display in default????