Re: Trying to use CentOS 5.2 to make a WAN Router

On Wed, 1 Oct 2008, Michael Peterson wrote:

I have a CIDR block of IP addresses that I need to pass through to a WAN.

I am trying to have a CentOS 5.2 basic install with 2 NICs be the router/gateway between the WAN and the public IP CIDR block.

Has anyone done this?

Other than turning on IP forwarding what did you have to do?

If you're going to do any packet filtering, I've had good luck with Shorewall for handling iptables rules.

Otherwise, assuming there's no NAT lurking somewhere in your request, turning on IP forwarding should do it.

--
Paul Heinlein <> heinlein@xxxxxxxxxx <> http://www.madboa.com/