Re: how to set term environment for cronjobs?

Rudi Ahlers wrote:
On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 12:37 AM, Filipe Brandenburger
<filbranden@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 16:30, Rudi Ahlers <rudiahlers@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I simply need to call 2 php scripts via a website - very simple todo,
but cron tends to give me these errors for some odd reason, and the
scripts doesn't run on the remote website.
How are you calling these scripts from cron? lynx? wget? curl? Maybe
the problem is with the tool you are using to do that. If you give us
more details, we might be able to help you better.

HTH,
Filipe

Hi, yes sorry I should have added that :)

I'm using lynx, as follows:

9 0 * * * /usr/bin/lynx http://billing/admin/cron.php
*/5 * * * * /usr/bin/lynx http://billing/pipe/pop.php

Lynx wants to do cursor positioning which is fairly useless in non-interactive mode. You can give it a terminal type on the command line with the -term= option, but it would probably be better to use wget instead for non-interactive work.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx