Re: OT - Monitoring tool

Robert Spangler wrote:
On Tuesday 30 September 2008 16:25, John R Pierce wrote:

 Robert Spangler wrote:
 > This looks interesting.  Will have to read up on it some.
 > Just wondering if I can configure it to allow many people to setup
 > monitoring different way on the same device?

 nagios monitors are configured by a script file on each monitored target
 system.... that script file could (in theory at least) include a bunch
 of other script files, each owned by a different user such that only
 that user could edit it.... would not this satisfy your management
 requirements?

This might.  Thnx.

There's also opennms - http://www.opennms.org. It lets you set up dashboard views that only display a subset of the nodes for a certain login but I don't think you can limit what someone with write access can configure. It has a nice feature of being able to send notifications to an xmpp (jabber) group conference as well as the usual mechanisms.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx