Re: OT - Monitoring tool

Robert Spangler wrote:
Hello everyone,

While I know this isn't Centos related, you guys seems to be on top of your game around here. Sorry for the off-topic.

I'm looking for a tool to monitor my servers and send either an email or page or both when something breaks. I would like it to monitor all sorts of services on the servers with one small detail, I'd like it to be able to confiugre so if the DBA need something monitor that is hosted on a shared system that they can only change what they are responsible for and not something else that is being monitored on that system.

Is there such a program out there?

Hi

I have been using Nagios for monitoring the network and a few servers. It works fine. It's not the easiest thing to get it working properly.

Regards

M.