Re: DKIM

on 9-24-2008 11:41 AM Ralph Angenendt spake the following:
Scott Silva wrote:
AFAIR yahoo only looks for proper SPF records and then looks at content so far. My users interact with them all the time.

Out of curiosity: What happens if you don't have SPF records?

Ralph
Initially when I had to deal with sending to yahoo I would get a mix of mail dumping into the receivers spam box to downright rejections. Then it moved completely to rejections. I have exec's that send mail to all the big providers, usually to lawyers and lobbyists that are either too clueless or too cheap to have a better mail system. Aol and yahoo at the time just wanted SPF records and reverse DNS that resolves.

I have thought about DKIM in sending, but so far in using DKIM for receiving mail with spamassasasin I just get more false negatives with the yahoo spam because a lot of it actually is through their servers so it gets properly signed. I initially wanted DKIM to resolve mails from our bank not getting mixed in with all the phishing attemps. Adding a little bit of negative score helps it get through, but now maybe I will have to add a meta rule on some common combinations to catch the yahoo spam.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and