Centos installed on OQO mod 2

Since I have a four of these units, and the XP recovery CD, I figured, "ah give it a go."

And going through the Centos wiki, I found a simple piece I was missing: "linux text askmethod". There were a few problems I had with the text install:

Disk Druid does not work with LVM partitions, much, in text mode. I was able to increase the size of the swap partition though...

I missed the setup for a user other than root. I will have to do that separately.

System came up in init 3 mode.  Easy to fix.

Video is 800x480. This is a problem for a number of dialog boxes. I tried to change the video, but nothing happened when I logged out and back in. still 800x480 (I selected Generic LCD for hardware then 1034 x 768). I read in one set of notes that using xvesa is better than vesa (which is what is being used now). How do I set that?

Oh, /proc/cpuinfo reports 769 bogomips. Wait, this boot it is 830 bogomips? hmmm.