Re: Need help transfering CentOS5 from desktop to laptop

on 9-21-2008 4:43 PM Lanny Marcus spake the following:
On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 12:25 PM, Robert Arkiletian <robark-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I gave up. I tried everything. Don't know what the problem was (buggy
bios/corrupt fs ....) and don't care now. Taking too much time to
simply re-install grub (6hrs). I'm doing a complete re-install on the
laptop.
Sorry you had a bad problem with this. Possibly this page on the Wiki
will give you some pointers:
<http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Laptops>

For those of us who are newbies, it's frequently frustrating, but when
you get something that was problematic to work properly, it feels good
and something was learned.

A  follow on to my previous reply. During the week, you would probably
have gotten some very knowledgeable replies and received them quickly.
The list has been very slow this weekend.
Last weekend of summer!

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and