Re: Strange browser displays with 5.x on Dell GX-260

Lanny Marcus wrote:
On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 6:22 AM, William L. Maltby
<CentOS4Bill@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 2008-09-18 at 02:47 -0400, Dick Roth wrote:
<snip>
This was a clean install, however I kept my /home directory intact.  The
rest of the partitions were reformatted.
Try resetting all your preferences? Maybe a major format change in the
control files under .mozilla directories?

When you launched Mozilla Firefox the first time, I suspect that it
created a new .mozilla directory in /home  and wiped out your old one.

Have you tried to "yum remove firefox" and then "yum install firefox"
to see if the issues stop or continue?

Renaming ~/.mozilla and reinstalling Firefox cured my problems. Apparently the .mozilla file in my Home directory, which was not re-formatted, was at odds with the new install. There was a bit of work to reclaim bookmarks, but all appears to be well now. Thanks to Lanny and Jerry for the help.

Dick

                                             --Benjamin Franklin 1755