Re: USB DVD drive disappearing during kickstart install.

Thanks John.

I'll check the BIOS on these machines. Unfortunately, i need the DVD based setup to work because sometimes i have to do this at odd places where i don't have the network infrastructure to do PXE boots. What i'm confused about is that i didn't have these problems (well, mostly) in the the 4.5 based distro (and a 3.x based distro from a while back...but that was using CDs instead of DVDs). It's only since moving to 4.6 and 4.7 that i'm seeing this consistently.
Any other ideas?

Thanks again.

...alex...

John wrote:
JohnStanley Wrote:

Alex, have you tried setting the USB Option in the BIOS to Autodetect
between USB 1.0 and 2.0? That is if your machines BIOS supports that option.
Plugable USB drives are nice additions but my opinion is there not so good
at OS Installation, but don't get me wrong they are nice to boot a running
centos install to repair an install on a broken machine.. What about doing a
network install or VNC install from your desk?

Good Luck,
JohnStanley