Re: Picasa vs. native photo management apps

John R Pierce a écrit :

Picasa makes managing webalbums on http://picasa.google.com/ really really easy. thats its main function. everything else is icing.

Looks like peeking at other apps makes me discover the ones I've got. I just fiddled around with GThumb and discovered a truly great web album utility.

Guess I'll try and persuade my clients to rather go for the 100% GNU/Linux solution: GThumb + GIMP.

I'm rather tools-philosophy oriented. When teaching new users, I try to make them understand the importance of that. It's like not buying a TV that has also a VCR and a washing machine included.

Thanks everybody for your contributions!

Niki