Re: Computer and network devices management tool

Lunix1618 wrote:
Hello,

I have to deploy a monitoring system that need to keep watch on every device/host on my LAN. Can anyone recommend me a tool that in CentOS packages stock ? I know some tool like GLPI but no available CentOS package so I want to looking for something else that already that tested on CentOS.

I am running CentOS 5.2

Ocsinventory-ng (http://www.ocsinventory-ng.org/index.php?page=English) has agents that will report the hardware/software/network config from all of the computers. Glpi will take this and let you manually add other equipment and information.

There are Centos-compatible rpms for both in this repository:
http://blog.famillecollet.com/pages/Config-en - you also need to configure the EPEL repo for some perl/php modules.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx