Re: Java install

On Sep 11, 2008, at 2:40 PM, Ric Moore wrote:

http://jpackage.org/ makes your life easier.

Which of the jpackage sites do you use for yum? I'm definitely looking
into cfengine, as mentioned by Nate. I prefer "easy" over "bare- knucks"
any day. I just rpm -e'd everything on this system with java in it.
starting over from scratch. :) Ric

i'm not quite sure what you're asking here, unfortunately. i configure yum for jpackage by putting http://jpackage.org/jpackage17.repo into /etc/yum.repos.d and setting enabled=1 for the jpackage-rhel and jpackage-generic-nonfree repositories. as for which specific mirror to use... you could use the yum-fastestmirror plugin, or if you want to hardcode it, do some testing and pick the mirror (http://jpackage.org/mirroring.php#mirrors ) that works best for you.

there's only one North American mirror, but it is excellent in every way :)

follow this procedure (http://jpackage.org/installation.php) to get started (NB: once you have rebuilt your desired nosrc RPM, you don't have to keep rebuilding it on all your machines, just install it)

-steve

--
If this were played upon a stage now, I could condemn it as an improbable fiction. - Fabian, Twelfth Night, III,v