Re: Re: Centos 4.7 delay more than mirror issue?

If the dvd has been mastered then can we at least get the torrents released?

John.

R P Herrold wrote:
On Wed, 10 Sep 2008, Scott Silva wrote:

on 9-10-2008 1:02 AM Josh Donovan spake the following:
Hi folks,

Normally people ask "when is CentOS 4.7 coming" and they are told "when it is ready". Dag posted on his blog about it going to testing in July while it was supposed to be syncing to the mirrors on Sept 5/6th according to Karanbir.

Is there something going on behind the scenes? I have not seen Johnny Hughes or even Dag posting on this list for some time. CentOS has gone for some time while other rebuilds folded so I wouldn't like it to follow the same way.

QA is and has been done; the handout to the mirrors has not sufficiently converged to complete for the load which a 'bitflip' will cause.

We would rather NOT be answering 'why is yum failing' or worse, publish partial sync images whch waste bandwidth with incomplete images (which provoke even more questions: 'my md5sum on disk ... is ... but it says ...')

soon, soon

-- Russ herrold

John Newbigin
ITS Senior Analyst / Programmer