Re: OT: Migration from Evolution to Thunderbird (Thunderbird mbox files)

Nicolas Thierry-Mieg wrote:
<snip>
If someone on the list can point me to where the mbox files for Thunderbird on Linux are located, that will be much appreciated.

You didn't tell us where you're looking, so I can't be sure... But I suspect you're looking in the right place.

I am trying to find the mbox files in .thunderbird which is where the Thunderbird help documentation says they should be.

However with IMAP the mail can stay on the server, so unless you tell your MUA to download a copy locally you only see index files.

With the Evolution MUA, also using IMAP on gmail.com the mbox files are easily seen. in .evolution

I suspect that I should post on a Thunderbird mailing list and ask where the mbox files are located on my Desktop, or, if using IMAP, as I am, there are no mbox files on my Desktop. Probably it's one or the other.