Re: VMWare Server doesn't like new CentOS installation?

John R Pierce wrote:
Rainer Duffner wrote:
<snip>
It's not officially supported.
I think 4.4 is the last supported version.
Install Server 2.0 or try the new ESXi directly...

I've been hearing good things about VirtualBox, which is both free and open source now that Sun owns it. no personal experience yet.

This morning, when I suggested to Niki that he try out what he wants to do with TheGIMP, on VMware Server, he mentioned VirtualBox. I think I am going to try VirtualBox, but with only 512 MB of RAM, I suspect it won't run well, if at all, on my Desktop.