Re: Re: restarting static-routes-ipv6

Scott Silva wrote:
on 8-26-2008 3:57 PM Robert Moskowitz spake the following:
I want to change the contents of my /etc/sysconfig/static-routes-ipv6 and NOT restart the network.

Is there a way to do this???
Change the routes in /etc/sysconfig/static-routes-ipv6 then manually add them with the route command.
Example from route man page;

 For IPv6, only the slash format is accepted.  The  following
     example creates an IPv6 route to the destination 33fe:: with
     a netmask of 16 one-bits followed by 112 zero-bits.

     example# route add -inet6 3ffe::/16 somegateway
I knew about the route command, was hoping for something that would read the file. The ifup-routes sounds like the command I need.

     In cases where the gateway does not  uniquely  identify  the
     output  interface (for example, when several interfaces have
     the same address), you can use the -ifp ifname  modifier  to
     specify the interface by name. For example, -ifp lo0 associ-
     ates the route with the lo0 interface.

I know about ifup and ifdown for interfaces, but what about routing (and IP6 at that).