i didn't have success with the /etc/sysconfig/static-routes  file, but maybe i didn't specify the routes using the correct syntax?

This web page recommends a complete rewrite of the /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifup-routes script!
http://www.akadia.com/services/redhat_static_routes.html

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 7:58 AM, Stephen Moccio <smoccio@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You can place the statement in /etc/sysconfg/static-routes.

This file will be used when the network starts up.

From: centos-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:centos-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of ABBAS KHAN
Sent: Tuesday, August 19, 2008 9:38 AM
To: CentOS mailing list
Subject: Is there a way to save the routing table permanently?

I'm adding the default gateway to the route through "route add default gw 10.10.10.10" which is also shown in "route -n" but the problem is that as soon as I restart the network through /etc/init.d/network restart; the route sets to default one...!
SO, my question is there any way to save the modified route permanently by hardcoding the changes?

Thanks.