Re: centos on intel D945GCLF board

Janez Ko�mrlj wrote:
I tried yum update and it doesn't work with the newest kernel either. That's why I'm asking about a test kernel.

Brett Serkez wrote:
On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 9:38 AM, Janez Ko�mrlj <janezkosmr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I know that disabling the LAN in BIOS works. The problem is that I need the
on-board card, since I am trying to build a home router and I need 2 LAN
cards for that. And the board has only one PCI slot.
���

I had a similar problem with a similar Intel� MB, it didn't crash at
boot, but randomly crashed at run-time.

With the LAN disabled, I did a yum update and then was able to
re-enable the LAN with a newer kernel.� The system has been stable for
several weeks with the newer kernel.

Brett

if your /sbin/lspci output looks like this please try the following :
Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8101E PCI Express Fast Ethernet controller(rev 01)
Subsystem: Intel Corporation Unknown device d607
add the rpmforge repo (instructions here : https://rpmrepo.org/RPMforge/Using)
then run : yum install dkms-r1000
reboot and hope it works
otherwise just download the intel linux driver from the website and compile manually against your kernel

I hope to receive mine somewhere next week, will try then again and let you know