RE: enterprise backup solution (probably amanda?)

>I'm an Amanda user since 9+ years now.
>Done several restores, even bare metal ones.
>Amanda never failed on me.

Paul,
I bought the Enterprise version of Amanda and was blown away to find it cant do a verify of a backup once completed.
You can verify the contents of a single tape manually, but I thought that was a bit of an oversight!

Do you guys just trust what you hope was written to tape to be ok, or how do you verify backups?

jlc