Re: Rapid deployment of CentOS on HP Proliant machines

Handloser, Fred (IHPS Corvallis) schrieb:

Has anyone successfully deployed CentOS on HP Proliant servers using the Altiris Rapid Deployment (RDP) framework? This works out of the box with RHEL 5.1 but I have not been able to get this to work with CentOS 5.1. If anyone knows of an article on all the details to be able to deploy CentOS to a bare machine Proliant Server, I would appreciate a pointer. I did make the changes to the adlagent installation to add the "--install-as=redhat --toolbox==redhad" and that allowed me to get much further along in the process. My end result is that instead of booting to CentOS after the RDP job is done I get a notice that "Admin" is not a valid boot option.

I don't know Altiris, but I doubt it has 5% of the power of cobbler.

http://www.cobbler.et.redhat.com

Rainer