Re: You didn't give me some packages, so now I'm giving you some! R, TexLive, LyX, Gnumeric, etc.

On Jul 29, 2008, at 3:29 PM, Paul Johnson wrote:

People keep sending me to RPMforge, but apparently you don't go there
yourselves to see you are sending me nowhere.  Follow your advice:

https://rpmrepo.org/RPMforge/

Paul,

i'm sorry that you're experiencing confusion; the websites for RPMforge and rpmrepo are incomplete right now. rather than continuing to beat your head against a sparsely populated wiki, i'd recommend you do the following:

2) post your specfiles to the suggest list. here's an example of someone else posting a spec file (http://lists.rpmforge.net/pipermail/suggest/2008-July/000547.html ), which is then accepted by one of the admins.

i hope you won't be discouraged; even if not everyone in the CentOS community is excited about your packages, i'm sure that someone out there will be, and contributing them to a large, widely-used repository like RPMforge is probably the best way to distribute them.

all the best,
-steve

--
If this were played upon a stage now, I could condemn it as an improbable fiction. - Fabian, Twelfth Night, III,v