Re: Re: Duplicate PV on HW RAID?

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 6:15 PM, Scott Silva <ssilva@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The machine BIOS correctly describes the RAID volume at start. Doesn't It smell like fake RAID?
Should I declare sdb invalid to the firmware program so as to force resync?
Thanks again
--
It sure looks as if it was originally a mirrored set, but broke later, maybe a kernel update no longer supports that fakeraid controller.

Indeed. A reboot later, everything was a mess. I rebuilt the RAID and repeated the install.

Found that Disk Druid correctly sees the only device (referred to as /mapper/isw_[10 seemingly hex digits]_Volume0, everything goes completely as expected.

However, at the next boot the installed kernel no longer believes there's a single device there, and goes like this:

  No RAID sets and with names 'isw_[same digits]_Volume0'
  failed to stat() /dev/mapper/isw_[same digits]_Volume0
  ...EXT3-fs errors...
  ...mounts failed....
  Kernel panic

My fault was not installing the proper Intel RAID driver for RHEL... the regular kernel does not provide it.
Thanks very much for your help

--
Eduardo Grosclaude
Universidad Nacional del Comahue