Re: Duplicate PV on HW RAID?

Eduardo Grosclaude wrote:

Ross, Nate, Tony, thanks for your promptly response

Toby

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 2:51 PM, nate <centos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:centos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Eduardo Grosclaude wrote:

snip

Oops... system-config-lvm shows under 'Uninitialized entities':
/dev/sda
     -> part 1
     -> part 2
     -> unpartitioned space
/dev/sdb
     -> part 1
     -> unpartitioned space
These shouldn't be appearing as two discs in the first place-- but anaconda said I only had one unit... Anyway, why the asymmetry? Did I screw the RAID volume somehow? Or did I install plain on sda and this RAID never worked as such? :P The machine BIOS correctly describes the RAID volume at start. Doesn't It smell like fake RAID?
Should I declare sdb invalid to the firmware program so as to force resync?
Thanks again

If it were me & I was just starting out on a new setup, I'd blow it all away and start from scratch. I hate that nagging feeling something's gonna bite me later down the road.

--
Toby Bluhm
Alltech Medical Systems America, Inc.