Re: recommended repo for php 5.2.3 +

On 21-Jul-08, at 10:35 AM, Johnny Hughes wrote:

dnk wrote:
Good day all,
I have been searching on google for the recommended repo for php 5.2.3 + for centos... I saw at one point it was in the testing repo, but was pulled due to no one testing it. Is there a recommended repo that people feel is safe for a CentOS 5.x to get php 5.23 + ? I know i can compile and install, but i like to keep as "vanilla" as possible.

The place I would recommend getting this from is:

http://www.jasonlitka.com/

repo for c5:
http://www.jasonlitka.com/media/EL5/

I have worked with Jason a couple times since MySQL stop releasing their tarballs publicly and I had to obtain and build MySQL for CentOS-4 plus via the MySQL Enterprise source tree.

I don't currently use his repo personally, but I have in the past and I do know that he is very knowledgeable and creates high quality, "Red Hat like" packages. I have no problems recommending his repo for latest and greatest web stack with centos.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes

Thanks for the confirmation Johnny. I was actually just installing his repo, as it did not seem to need the EPEL as the other repo I had found many referring to.

Dustin