Re: Cannot boot from DVD on an Intel Svr to install CentOS 5.2

however booting from the cd's of 5.x works fine.

William Warren wrote:
checkout the bugtracker..this is a long running issue. The issue stems from newer servers/computers using sata optical drives.

saltorres@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi, I'm new to CentOS and I want to install CentOS 5.2 on an intel computer to use it as a server. I downloaded the CentOS 5.2 DVD iso i386 and did the md5sum, burned the DVD and everything was Ok but when I try to boot the server with the DVD, it simply does nto boot, like if nothing were in the DVD drive. I tried with a Vista DVD and it boots. It can even boot from the LiveCD.
Have anybody seen this behavior and how to solve it?
I'm using Free Create/Burn ISO from NBXSOFT and I believe this is not the problem because with this software I created the LiveCD. I'm working on a Vista Ultimate computer to download, checksum and burn the DVD.

Thanks

Registered Microsoft Partner

My "Foundation" verse:
Isa 54:17