Re: Re: pear

David Hrbáč wrote:
Scott Silva napsal(a):
Isn't a little late to ask if something is safe AFTER you do it?
;-P

On testing virtual? ;-P As it is not safe to use cpan to install modules for perl, I was asking if pear is the same or not.

It is exactly the same and for the same reasons.

If you need something, look in DAG or EPEL or ATRPMS and if it is not there, I would build it if I were you.

The issues are that when there is a pear or php upgrade, it might replace your files or configuration ... also any RPMS that might need that require will probably not see it since it is not in the RPM database.