Re: Bug-buddy and bug reports for GNOME 2.16...

Lanny Marcus wrote:
On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 9:20 PM, Johnny Hughes <johnny@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
<snip>
On CentOS 5.2 (and 5.1 and 5.0, and Red Hat Enterprise Linux of the
same versions, which happen to be the most current ones available),
the bug buddy "tool" consistently refuses to report any bugs because
it claims that the version of Gnome is too old.

I've run into is, multiple times, when the Evolution Calendar (which I
never use) crashed, when I closed Evolution.

<snip>
Well ... we will do whatever upstream does.

I can see why the GNOME project could care less though.

However, the fact is that bug buddy is NOT required to make bugzilla entries
for RHEL.  If you have a bug, file a bug against the component that is the
problem.  The fact that bug buddy does not file it directly to gnome is
really irrelevant as they are no longer providing any support for 2.16.x.

So, when you have a problem (ignoring bug buddy, which is to gnome and not
to RH), then just file the bug against the thing that is broken.

The next time Evolution Calendar crashes on me, I will write it up in
CentOS Bugzilla.

I am currently using thunderbird for my e-mail ... but I have setup a test evolution instance and it is not failing here when I exit.

But there is not a whole lot of mail there, so that might be part of it.

Lots of details will also be good if they are provided by the crash.