Re: background process

Mogens Kjaer wrote:
David Hlác(ik wrote:
Sorry for such lame question but ..

When i am connected to server using SSH . How can i fetch process to
background and close ssh session and not kill that process? And how can i
later connect to server and fetch process from background to console?

All years i have been using "screen" for this.

Why not continue with screen on CentOS?

yum install screen

Screen is certainly the best method to do this that I have found ... is there a reason why you DON'T want to use screen.

you can use the '&' to put things in the background and use the command 'fg' to bring it to the foreground ... but screen also redirects stdout and stderr for you, so I would still use it unless there is a specific problem you are trying to address.