Re: Re: More current version of bluez

Scott Silva wrote:
on 7-14-2008 12:04 PM Robert Moskowitz spake the following:
Centos continues to fall behind in with the state of bluetooth development.

Nothing new from 5.1 to 5.2.

Has anyone got a more recent version working and have compile and rpm build instructions?

Here are the rpms that I have:

bluez-gnome-0.5-5.fc6.i386.rpm
bluez-hcidump-1.32-1.i386.rpm
bluez-libs-3.7-1.i386.rpm
bluez-utils-3.7-2.el5.centos.i386.rpm
bluez-utils-cups-3.7-2.el5.centos.i386.rpm
gnome-bluetooth-0.7.0-10.2.el5.i386.rpm
gnome-bluetooth-libs-0.7.0-10.2.el5.i386.rpm
If you want latest and greatest, an enterprise linux probably will not suit you. It would be like buying a Volvo because they are reliable, then constantly adding aftermarket parts to the engine.
There is probably a stable version from a year ago or so that would provide a lot more functionality. The bluez-user list was discussing 3.14 last year.

Of course to make this even more fun, if you do a man pand, there is text covering a /etc/bluetooth/pan/dev-up script. No /etc/bluetooth/pan directory on any of my Centos builds.

So I have pand running, but then how do I bring the interface up? Well I hope to do some things with pand tonight after the 802 sessions for the day.

Oh, and as far as stable and backleveled.... I work on IEEE 802 standards. It takes us YEARS these days to get a standard out. And all we do is 'put ink on paper'. Well time to focus in on the week's announcements. Oh, such fun!