Re: Kernel is not compiled with IPv6 support?

Sean Carolan wrote:
Yep. They are there. So what is the 'proper' method to get them out (other
than using VI and deleteing the lines?)?

I would comment them out and add another comment like this:

# Un-comment these to disable ipv6
#alias net-pf-10 off
#alias ipv6 off

You will need to reboot the server to enable the changes.  IIRC, ipv6
is not a module that you can load or unload anytime like a network or
sound card driver.
OK. This worked. Thanks!

Since I was SSHed into the boxes, I could not test ifconfig (down then up!). service network restart did not do the job, I had to reboot the boxes (one's my repo server the other a NAS, so both could be bounced).