Re: Problem with Bonding Driver

Hi,

--On 5. Juli 2008 09:45:16 -0700 Art Age Software <artagesw@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

could you describe in more detail?
What exactly is ignored? The options do not look much different.

As I said, I am trying to set a different primary interface for each
bond: eth0 for bond0, and eth2 for bond1.

Does the second bonding interface have no primary interface, then? What exactly happens?

Did you try without renaming? I do not use it, but it works nonetheless:
alias bond0 bonding
options bond0 mode=2
alias bond1 bonding
options bond1 mode=2

You are setting identical options for both bonds. This masks the fact
that your second options line is ignored and essentially does nothing.
Try changing an option on bond1 (eg. set a different mode or a
different miimon value), and I think you will see that it is ignored.

I had tested different setups during conception phase and had different results.

Dirk