Re: Desktop: Evolution & Bug Buddy issues (GNOME)

On Fri, Jul 4, 2008 at 2:32 AM, MHR <mhullrich@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I also have KDE installed (rarely used, but it's there) and during some very
> brief use, with KDE, the Evolution Calendar Application also crashed, so it
> is not limited to GNOME.
>
> I did not have this issue, before the recent upgrade to CentOS 5.2.

I've been getting this one for about four or five months - CentOS 5.1 and 5.2.

I mentioned this as one reason that RH ought to consider moving to a
newer GNOME, one reason _I_ wanted to try one with CentOS (which is a
major pita), etc.

Welcome to the club!

Mark: Thanks. I am a brand new member of this club. I did *not* have this problem, until I updated (I didn't RFM and I did yum update instead of yum upgrade....) to CentOS 5.2.

As I  wrote in my first post, I also tried this using KDE and Evolution crashed there when I closed it, as it does in GNOME. It is an intermittent thing, but rather common.  Has this been documented, in the CentOS Bugzilla and/or Upstream Bugzilla? There seem to be two (2) unrelated problems: (a) Evolution Calendar crashing. when closing Evolution (although I never use Evolution Calendar) and (b) The problem with Bug Buddy not being able to send the Error data it collects, because it want's a more recent version of GNOME.  I have used Evolution for email for several years and this  problem closing it is something that for me began after I began using CentOS 5.2.  I rarely use KDE, but I will try to remember to use KDE more frequently, so I can verify my belief that Evolution crashes in KDE, just like it  does in GNOME. Lanny