Back to my Xwindows kernel panic

I have a newly built drive with 5.2 fresh install (that I will be cloning shortly) in my DECtop and it is failing with X the same way the upgrade from 5.1 drive did (not too supprising there).

In 5.1 X worked. I could startx from init 3 and get into GNOME. Also VNC into the box and have a GNOME screen. With 5.2, I get a kernel panic. Well I guess it is a kernel panic because once I run startx from the console, my SSH session to the box from my notebook is frozen.