Re: INIT 5 and system is gone

nate wrote:
John wrote:
Anyway, something is really wrong here!  Help, please?
Try changing your Loging Level to "Debug" or use the appropriate number 1-4
for it. Use your backup Xconfig file if you got one. You do have it backed
up correct?
backup? What is that? :) I have yet to get this system all configured to back it up....

And where do I set the logging level?
I don't recall seeing if the OP mentioned if the system had to be
power cycled or not in order to reboot it.
Yep. Unplug it, plug it back in, press the on button (when like this the off button does nothing).
Another thing to try is
to configure the system to use a serial console, as loading X may
be causing a kernel panic. With the serial console you'll be able to
pick up the messages produced on the console pretty easily.
No serial port. No parallel port. Just VGA, 4 USBs, and Audio. And no access to setting the BIOS.