Re: Torrent sharing question

on 6-27-2008 8:00 AM Karanbir Singh spake the following:
John Bowden wrote:
Hi Folks.
Just a quick question. I have been sharing CenOS 5.0 and 5.1 since I down
loaded them. Now we are on to 5.2 is it still worth sharing them or can I
archive them to DVD and save some hard drive space?
Regards John

We normally drop the torrents from the tracker around the time a new version is released so you should as well. Do you even see any traffic on these older torrents ?

By the way, I think we ( as a community ) should strongly discurage people from installing older software specially since the older stuff now has known and published widely bug's and potentially remote security issues. Ofcourse there are people who will, due to whatever reason, still want to get out there and install an older version - they are welcome to use the vault.centos.org machines.

- KB
With exception to the people hit with the powernow glitch. They will never be able to install with a 5.2 cd or dvd since the installer kernels probably won't be changed unless by the slim chance that upstream does.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and