Re: Configuring sendmail in a corporate environment

On Jul 1, 2008, at 9:35 AM, Alfred von Campe wrote:

It appears that our firewall is not allowing connection to outside MX hosts. I think I need to configure sendmail to forward emails to our local smtp host, but I am not sure how to do that.

1. make sure /etc/mail/sendmail.mc includes the following line:

define(`SMART_HOST', `your.local.smtp.host')dnl

as well as whatever other configuration is necessary for your site.

2. cd /etc/mail; make sendmail.cf; service sendmail restart

-steve

p.s. it is easier to configure Postfix to do this; the instructions are provided in the comments of /etc/postfix/main.cf.

--
If this were played upon a stage now, I could condemn it as an improbable fiction. - Fabian, Twelfth Night, III,v