Re: African IP addresses list

Matt Arnilo S. Baluyos (Mailing Lists) wrote:
On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 4:58 AM, Miark <mlist2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
... and by "high rate" I assume you mean 100%, just as my
company has experienced.

Yes. Our company had lost some money because of this incident. It has
all the signs of an organized syndicate as they use stolen credit
cards to buy from our store and then have the goods shipped to an
address in Australia which forwards to wherever they are going to pick
them up.

Has anyone here a list of addresses from Africa already?
I use:

 * 041/8
 * 154/8
 * 196/8

which I got from here:

 * http://www.iana.org/assignments/ipv4-address-space

Thanks. That is exactly what I was looking for. I have now added a
rule to our firewall (APF).

I would like to add something, as a South African citizen. South Africa, is NOT part of Africa for that matter, it's a republic on it's own. It's almost like saying "Let's ban America, cause someone in Mexico spammed me". South Africa, which is on the 196/8 range does a LOT of business overseas in many countries, and I do want to warn that you could loose a lot of good business due to this practice.

Most of the fraud you experience could come from Nigeria, or one of the other central & western Africa countries. To ban a whole continent because of problems some countries cause could be problematic.

For that matter is China a different country from Russia, from Switzerland, even though they share the same land mass

--

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Web:   http://www.SoftDux.com