Re: Re: Automatic site selection for dowload

Les Mikesell wrote:
Is there a way to coax several hosts behind the same caching proxy to
use the same URL as the 1st choice but still fail over and try others if
there is a problem? And preferably without having to manually edit files
on each machine or coordinate choices.

I've been using ncache ( nginx+caching ) to the same effect at one setup to achieve something like this, but I have a script that hijacks the request to mirrorlist= fetches and returns my own fixed list from a local fixed cache.

I know its very very hacky and completely bogus. But it works for me in a very limited sense. Someone might want to pickup on that and develop it further into a more functional system perhaps.

But if you dont control the proxy and cant admin/change configs in there, then you will need to manually setup each machine to use the same set of mirrors and drop the mirrorlist fetch's from .centos.org

- KB