Re: CentOS roadmap/EPEL

admin wrote:
 > the CentOS DirServer has been in the
testing repo for a bit, and the same with
cobbler/koan/func/smolt/maatkit etc.

Is the testing repo publicly accessible? If so, where?

Sorry if that's a stupid question, but I can't find it on
mirror.centos.org or searching the website for "testing repo".

it is public, however we dont want people using it widely. Which is why there isnt much info about it outside the centos devel lists. We dont want to break everyone's installs with packages that might not be suiteable for production.

The whole point of the testing repo is that people can test the packages there, and once there is enough feedback those packages move to the mirror.centos.org repos'.

Over the next few days - maybe week to ten days - we will work out a better or an alternative testing mechanism that more people would / should be able to use and provide feedback on. Till then I highly recommend sitting tight! And once there is a process plan, I shall make sure its put out in as many places as possible, so if you have anything to do with CentOS, you will hear about it.

Not sure if this answers your question, but I hope it helps

- KB