Re: To upgrade or not

Lanny Marcus wrote:

<snip>
I upgraded my Desktop yesterday and my daughter's Desktop this morning. If you surf the web, the move from Mozilla Firefox 1.5.x to Mozilla Firefox 3.0 Beta 5 will be well worth your time.
FF 3b is not without its own warts, though. I frequently save downloaded video clips to be saved on CD or DVD for friends who don't have broadband access. I have been doing this very cleanly in FF 1.5 using an extension named Download Helper -- which doesn't work in Firefox 3. It turns out that there is an update for Download Helper but I can't say whether of not that works because Firefox 3 can't find the flash player -- which is definitely installed 'cause I'm listening to the audio from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzAXb7qCCAo right now. (Foster Brooks "Drunk Airline Pilot" routine)

Hopefully, a "compound w" for Firefox will be forthcoming.