Re: How to install *all* packages via kickstart?

Gregory Gerard wrote:
Good to know.

Why do you favor yum over kickstart package lists though?

greg

On Jun 25, 2008, at 12:30 AM, Karanbir Singh wrote:

Gregory Gerard wrote:
Does someone have a list I can place in the packages section which is
known to work and really get everything?

yum install \*

Considering you could be pulling in upto 5,000 pkgs, make sure you
have enough drive space, fat network pipe, and lots of time.

Mostly since *all* my installs are identical, minimal setups, done over the wire. And I use puppet to later manage the machine, whats installed on there and what the machine is doing. Besides, if the install is over the wire, the number of bits you end up pulling is still the same.

- KB