Re: how to downgrade from CentOS 5.2 to CentOS 5.1?

Rudi Ahlers wrote:
Johnny Hughes wrote:
Rudi Ahlers wrote:
I've run into some trouble with a new cPanel VPS, and noticed that it's running CentOS by default, installed via the CentOS http server.

My question is, how do I downgrade CentOS to 5.1?

There is no way to downgrade, however you can install from a centos-5.1 tree, but centos-5.1 is 5.2 minus a bunch of security upgrades.

We will eventually be moving the 5.1 tree to vault.centos.org, but if you want to use it for an extended period of time, you should probably download the tree to a local mirror.

Ok, I understand that, I'm just trying to avoid downloading & reinstalling the software on there already.....

You can do:

rpm -qa --last > lastest_rpms

then edit the file latest_rpms and see what was installed on the upgrade.

You can then downgrade by hand the packages that are causing your problems or all of them using:

rpm -Uvh --oldpackage --replacefiles <path_to_old_package>