Re: Problem with evolution while upgrading to CentOS 5.2

Bernhard Gschaider wrote:
Hi!

When trying to prepare a workstation with (so that the real "yum
upgrade" doesn't have to download the packages)

yum upgrade --upgradeonly

it fails with these messages:

Error: Missing Dependency: libegroupwise-1.2.so.12 is needed by package evolution
Error: Missing Dependency: libgtkhtml-3.8.so.15 is needed by package evolution
Error: Missing Dependency: libexchange-storage-1.2.so.2 is needed by package evolution
Error: Missing Dependency: libexchange-storage-1.2.so.2()(64bit) is needed by package evolution
Error: Missing Dependency: libegroupwise-1.2.so.12()(64bit) is needed by package evolution

On the test-machine I solved this by deinstalling evolution (I don't
use it anyway), but this is not an option for the other
machines

Could anyone give me a hint what is wrong?

evolution should be upgraded as part of the upgrade ... but your seems to want to keep the old version of evolution while trying to upgrade the other packages that are listed.

This must be caused by something in your configuration that is removing evolution from the update set.

This something can either be an exclude=evolution in your CentOS-Base.repo file or some kind of misconfiguration of the priorities or protectbase plugins.