Re: problem with telnet

fabian dacunha wrote:
jus a couple of days back when i tried to telnet to the server it gave me
connection refused

i go to the server
and when i say telnet localhost it says

getaddrinfo: localhost Name or service not known
Are there lots of telnet sessions already running? You could have hit the "instances" limit in /etc/xinetd.conf. If this is the problem (and BTW I'm not convinced it is), you can increase the number of allowed telnet sessions and reload xinetd with "service xinetd reload".

I hit this problem on a RHEL3 server several years ago and can't recall exactly how it manifested itself, but I do remember that this was the solution.

Ian