Re: is it possible to login to a switch via RS232 / serial port from the shell?

Karanbir Singh wrote:
Rudi Ahlers wrote:
Hi all

I have a problem switch in our data centre, which is connected to a
linux server via a serial cable. I know I can / could access the switch
from my Windows PC back at the office, using hyperterm, but trying to
access it using minicom just doesn't seem to work.

issues like this which are not related to CentOS should be marked with
an [OT] tag in the subject line as a start....

I'm sorry, but I don't see the relevance. The switch is connected via serial cable to a CentOS 5.1 x64 server, and I need to connect to it from CentOS, but can't. Please explain to me how it's not related to CentOS?

The fact that I mentioned Windows, is purely to indicate that the serial port works, and it can be connected to via serial cable.

--

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Web:   http://www.SoftDux.com