Re: cannot unmount volume "xxx"

Thank you for your help. I will try this when I mount the hard disk next time. Thanks again.

2008/6/22 nate <centos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
ÀîêÍ wrote:

>     I googled this problem for many days and didn't find any way to solve
> this problem. Maybe it is a bug. I hope someone can help me. Thank you.

You may lose data doing this but at least for NFS volumes if something
is stuck I umount the file systems with the "-l -f" options. I'm not
sure if it'll work for NTFS but if you really want to force unmount
try

umount (path to mounted file system) -l -f

You may want to check to see if any files are in use on that file system
first, for that I'd use lsof

lsof | grep (path to mounted file system)

nate

Sunny Lee