Re: What will the upgrade to 5.2 be like?

Lanny Marcus wrote:

I'm looking forward to upgrading to 5.2!   If for nothing else, for
the newer version of Mozilla Firefox. The current version (1.5.0.12)
crashes, very frequently, at web sites I use.

You can always put a newer version of FF in /home/${USER}/firefox and then put that directory at the beginning of $PATH in your .bash_profile

No other changes are necessary and next time you log in voila! when you click the FF icon in the menus, the newer version gets launched. There is absolutely no reason to inflict that kind of pain on yourself when newer, more stable versions of the same software are available.

I actually do the opposite - I run Fedora 9 on this workstation, and it comes with FF3. The problem is that Google Browser Sync is not supported under FF3, and it will be discontinued later this year, so I will have to run FF2 on all my systems until Mozilla Weave comes out with a version that's similar enough with Google Sync in terms of features. Hopefully that will happen pretty soon.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/