Re: RPM creation question

admin wrote:

Is there any nice way in a .spec file to tell rpmbuild not to call
brp-java-repack-jars?  Some Web Searching indicates that most people
just hack the script.  Is there a better way ?
I've just started building RPMs myself, so I'm curious ... why would you want to not call brp-java-repack-jars?

Mick

Hi,

I have to install a particular application "Aptana Studio - Community Edition" and this script seems to break when dealing with this. I am not sure why yet and will do some further research. But current time constraints mean I must get the package out. I am confident that ignoring this step is ok in this case as installing the software manually is just un-tarring it into a directory.

For those who care
- On FC6 / CentOS 4 - To Disable this you must hack the script as far as I can tell. I am told that on New Versions of Fedora (and I assume CentOS 5) that you can add %__jar_repack %{nil} to the top of the spec file.

Have a nice day :)