Re: mdmonitor not triggering program on fail events

on 6-12-2008 1:29 AM Ow Mun Heng spake the following:
On Thu, 2008-06-12 at 10:11 +0200, Ralph Angenendt wrote:
Ow Mun Heng wrote:
Currently, from what I see, init is calling mdmonitor with these options

mdadm --monitor --scan -f

(note that the --program is not there)

and this is in my /etc/mdadm.conf

MAILADDR root
PROGRAM /root/program_2_run.sh

short of hacking the mdmonitor script to hardcode the program there, is
there an alternate, more elegant way?
What's not elegant about that? Sure, an /etc/sysconfig/mdmonitor would
probably have been better, but it scans the config file for MAIL and
PROGRAM being in it and would stop otherwise.

Yeah, it scans for either mail OR program being in there but for some
obscure reason, (or perhaps I just don't get how it works) the PROGRAM
to be ran isn't being called out by the mdmonitor init script and I'm
not sure why.

The only thing which I can see is that the option --program is not
mentioned
I don't see an option "--program" mentioned in the man page either.
Is that a valid option?

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and